I am running for Siskiyou County government because I believe in the power of democracy to solve problems, and advance shared goals. I am qualified and committed to representing the interests of citizens in Montague, McCloud, Macdoel, Doris, Medicine Lake and Tulelake. I will engage residents and businesses in a productive conversation that prioritizes local issues, and establishes common ground.
Our region is rich with natural resources. With fresh perspective and coordinated action, Siskiyou County can leverage the wealth of our resources to maximize local benefits for the long-term. As Supervisor, I will steer economy in a direction that generates jobs for our youth, safeguards communities, and respects our natural environment.
With your support, I will strengthen affordable housing, resilient forestry, family farming, outdoor recreation, preventative healthcare, renewable energy, and other industries that truly benefit the people who live and work in Siskiyou County
I have a longstanding commitment to McCloud, and I have been working for more than a decade to improve conditions for prosperity in our region.Qualifications:
- 1 year serving as Disadvantaged Community Involvement (DACI) Coordinator for the Upper Sacramento Regional Water Group (RWAG). Transferrable skills include: collaboration, grant writing, regional planning and data analysis. Visit www.uppersacirwm.org to learn more.
- 10 years working with the McCloud Watershed Council, and the Great Exchange Thrift Shop on Main Street; two non-profit organizations working to promote a resilient economy in McCloud.
- 5 years developing curriculum and teaching at College of the Siskiyous (2008 - 2013).
- I spearheaded an initiative to improve accountability of groundwater exports in Siskiyou County (2016).
- I helped draft a plan entitled "Renew Siskiyou" for improving disaster preparedness in the region (2014).
- I have a Bachelors Degree in Outdoor Recreation, with two minors in Biology and Chemistry, from Western Washington University (1998).
- I have a Masters Degree in International Environmental Policy from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (2004).