I am running for Siskiyou County Supervisor because I believe in the power of democracy to function for the people by the people. I have been working to employ alternatives to unsustainable industries at the base of Mount Shasta for fifteen years. During this time, I have navigated obstacles and advanced opportunities for redefining industry in Northern California. With fresh perspective and proactive leadership, our rural communities are poised to prosper. As Supervisor I will nurture local health, encourage civic participation, revitalize economic wealth and protect the Public Trust for current and future generations.
- Disadvantaged Community Involvement (DACI) Coordinator - Upper Sacramento Regional Water Action Group (RWAG). Skills include collaborative decision-making, grant writing, project management, regional planning, and data analysis. (2018 - current)
- Assist a campaign encouraging the City of Weed to retain access to their historic water rights, and hold big business accountable for industrial activities in the area (2017 - current).
- Spearheaded a citizens initiative to track groundwater exports in Siskiyou County (2016).
- Lead Author of a climate / disaster preparedness plan entitled "Renew Siskiyou" (2014).
- 10+ years working with McCloud Watershed Council to prevent degradation and promote restoration of the McCloud River watershed.
- 8 years serving as President for the Great Exchange Thrift Shop at 301 Main Street in McCloud.
- 3 years teaching yoga & dietary health for McCloud Elementary & McCloud Healthcare Clinic.
Additional qualifications include:
- 5 years developing curriculum and teaching at the College of the Siskiyous (2008 - 2013).
- Bachelor's Degree in Outdoor Recreation, with two minors in Biology and Chemistry, from Western Washington University (1998).
- Masters Degree in International Environmental Policy from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (2004).